Lovespell

September 29, 2019, 09:02:22 PM
Yay! I made it!

Kahni

August 10, 2019, 05:00:35 PM
Hi!

Rainbreeze

January 18, 2018, 01:40:01 PM
Aw, no worries for our sake, Visteren! We'll keep your seat warm for ya. I hope you find a job you really love.

Visteren

January 17, 2018, 04:34:43 AM
Sorry for my absence on Wow. My account is currently down till i can get a new job to put more time back on it. I hope to see you all soon.

Rainbreeze

December 28, 2017, 10:50:50 AM
I don't know yet if my mom's computer is going to be able to handle WoW, but we're living here while moving for a new job. It did fine last time! We shall see :D

Rainbreeze

May 15, 2017, 04:05:49 PM
I have to postpone tonight's guild meeting. I didn't realize that my Monday nights were going to have a different RL activity that's very important for a recovery process I'm going through atm. I'll resched asap. <3

Rainbreeze

April 27, 2017, 02:34:34 PM
I'm going to see Ereden, his wife, and their new baby tonight. I'll try to be Back In Time for raid.

Rainbreeze

April 19, 2017, 07:26:00 AM
ha Kriggs ok! Just PM me or Banques with which one is missing if the site isn't letting you add it. <3

Kriggs

April 09, 2017, 05:40:26 AM
Banques sort-of-fixed it xD. I'm only missing one forum I used to have.

Rainbreeze

April 08, 2017, 09:57:30 AM
I'm updating WoW on my mom's computer to see if the interwebs will be nicer in the back room :)

Rainbreeze

April 08, 2017, 09:57:02 AM
You lost your priv?? Ok. I didn't see this msg come in. I'll make a mental note to try to check things out.

Kriggs

April 02, 2017, 11:21:56 AM
Lost my website privileges, I blame gnomes.

Kriggs

April 02, 2017, 10:04:20 AM
bleg

Rainbreeze

March 02, 2017, 06:57:53 AM
My interwebs are so weird, I'm getting 1 fps in game today! That ain't a gonna' work. If I get the energy to find the phone co #, I will call them and find out what's happening.

Rainbreeze

December 15, 2016, 12:26:51 PM
Interwebs are back up! Oh I know, you missed us, you missed us. hehe

Rainbreeze

December 09, 2016, 03:39:12 PM
Mumble is back up! See the Community forum for download and set up instructions if you're interested in joining CotP on Mumble. :)

Rainbreeze

October 28, 2016, 12:37:12 PM
Amelex and I are taking our boys to a Halloween party thing at 3:30, and I can't find info on when it ends. So put us as tentative for tonight. <3

Xerobane

October 16, 2016, 11:27:08 PM
I can't seem to get the member map to show up so I can pin my location.

Banques

September 29, 2016, 12:50:05 PM
We're expecting a live performance at the next Guild Meeting :D

Rainbreeze

September 22, 2016, 10:48:45 PM
This was requested?? I'm sure you paused in solemn deliberation before committing to the charge.

Fizpop

September 20, 2016, 08:38:46 PM
*As requested.. ahem*
Laurala LIKES BEAR BUTTS and she cannot lie
You other classes can't deny!
When a druid walks in with an itty itty mace and a bear butt in your face you get sprung!

Tyrthesquirrel

September 18, 2016, 05:53:37 PM
I didn't do it!

Rainbreeze

September 18, 2016, 05:32:06 PM
The 9/18/16 Guild Meeting will be rescheduled for a continuation due to the WoWpocalypse!

Sullinius

July 11, 2016, 03:44:20 PM
so I am back in WoW, thinking about coming back into the fold :D

Raybane

June 23, 2016, 02:28:16 PM
<YAWN>  Big Late Lunches  are the cancer of corporate efficiency...

Banques

June 20, 2016, 03:21:40 PM
:O

Sullinius

June 20, 2016, 02:41:01 PM
Look, old people

Kriggs

June 03, 2016, 02:25:16 PM
o/

Rainbreeze

May 10, 2016, 07:54:36 PM
Oh my gosh, stranger! ;)

CormacBloodaxe

May 10, 2016, 06:14:44 AM
Finally! back on the site lol

Show 50 latest

Latest Forum Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Introduce Yourself! Community 9448/50 Kayanna Last post November 05, 2019, 07:47:35 AM
xx Wishmaker to Idealist Promotion Applications Community 13970/148 Lovespell Last post September 29, 2019, 09:07:10 PM
clip CotP Raiding Mentorship Program [WOW] Advanced Encounters 2343/14 Draistlin Last post August 08, 2019, 08:14:26 PM
xx Vanguard: Tank/Heal Rotation Ideas [WOW] Advanced Encounters 2562/37 dynastyhan Last post July 12, 2019, 04:01:22 PM
wink Lady Ashvane short guide [WOW] Advanced Encounters 419/0 dynastyhan Last post July 12, 2019, 03:43:17 PM
question Mechagon Dungeon [WOW] Advanced Encounters 448/0 dynastyhan Last post July 09, 2019, 04:19:33 PM
xx Teh pruge News 565/0 Rykria Last post June 23, 2019, 04:40:31 PM
xx CotP Has Downed the Heroic Pasta! News 1153/0 Rainbreeze Last post June 20, 2019, 08:22:05 PM

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 9448 times)

Offline Alayla

• Sage Master
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2015, 07:21:11 AM »
Hi Holly!  I'm Esther, you met me as Nicedoris, my main is Alayla.  I'm called " Guild Mom" because I'm Zanriel's (guild leader) and Rainbreeze's  rl mom.   :D

I could have written much of your post and been talking about myself, although my academic achievements are somewhat lower than your.   While I consider myself an overt extrovert, I read recently that everyone's a mix, and we pick out the dominant tendency to label ourselves and others.  I am often extremely shy and unsure of myself in certain situations...especially when it comes to understanding complex  (sometimes even simple) play mechanics, or asking questions whose answers seem obvious to the people I'm asking, things like that. I am so thankful for our guild, for  never confusing my game ability and skill/understanding level with my worth as a person.  Circle of the Phoenix strives, with some success, to be a home for all types and of players and personality types, as long as there's common courtesy and willingness to get along.  :)

I, too, have mostly soloed, for the same kinds of reasons you've given.  I am trying to group up with others more, because like you, I love the interactions with friends, it just makes the whole gaming experience more memorable and entertaining.  With what I can tell so far, I think our Growth and Nourishment council would fit you nicely, and I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you better and  doing things together! 

Alayla

I know the voices aren't real, but they do make some great suggestions.

Offline Raybane

• Raybane
  • Initiate
Re: Introduce Yourself (Raybane)
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »
Who am I?

My name is Patrick and I'm a father of two (10 year old son is Splashstrike) living in South Louisiana.  I've spent the last 18 years in law enforcement making a living either assisting people turn their life around after a really bad mistake or giving people "time outs" for repeatedly bad mistakes.  It's very rewarding even with the 1-5% success rate but very stressful.

What's your gaming background?

I've played MMOs exclusively since I started playing WOW when it released.  Favorities include Age of Conan and SWTOR, but I'm pretty sure I've downloaded and played every attempt at a "WOW killer", even Final Fantasy (still in counseling for that one). 

In addition, STEAM has got me hooked on titles like the Batman series (both me and son), Borderlands, to name a few.  I feed my kids, as infants, on Xbox / Halo and GTA: San Andreas. 

I was around for the launch of the Atari 2600, Intellivision, and Colecovision.   I still remember the churning of the 5 1/4" floppy of the Commodore 64 trying to land my F15, as well as my almost failing out of LSU for an addiction to Mario Brothers that I would late pass down to my wife and children when I bought them a Wii for Xmas (didn't say I was a good father).   

What kind of person are you; what's your personality like? What makes you tick?

To follow suit to a poster above, I'm an INTJ. / "Green".  While many wouldn't think, I'm a complete introvert.  Having said that, I have absolutely no problems in social settings and can manuever accordingly however, am sensitive to those that aren't and tend to work harder to make them more comfortable around me.

I am constantly in a state of wanting to know more - I question everything in the hopes of understanding it and how it affects me and the world around.  I place more value on the work ethic, determination, persistence, and experiences than I do the "gift" one may have that makes things easier for them.     

How do you like to play? What are your playstyle preferences?

I play to the best of my abilities.  When we're killing trash, in between pulls, I'm goofy and light because it's a game and we all, for various reasons, come here to relax and "dumb things down" a bit.  When we're executing, I'm all business within - studying how to improve my play (talents, full use of the toolbox, CD timing, etc).  I joke about logs but they are there to help me improve because one of the greatest feelings in game is succeeding as a group and I don't want to either waste other people's time or, because of my own poor play deny them that feeling.  While this may sound like an awful lot of "pressure", I put absolutely none on myself.  The process of improvement (which mirrors my own personal life) is my relaxation and what I use to counteract the stress of my career, as opposed to more destructive vices. 

Having said this, I take great joy to help others in any way possible...while it's a game, it's the positive human element that gives it such staying power (and, unfortunately, the opposite can be said for contrary human elements). 

What are your hopes? What do you aspire to? What do you hope to get out of the guild, and what would you like to give of yourself?

For this guild, I had absolutely no expectations, I followed friends here and it's been such an unexpected pleasure..something for everyone.  I don't have any aspirations and I've gotten to meet some really cool people which, if even for a brief moment, has given me more than I could have hoped for.   

I was giving some thought to how I could give back to such a fine group and, at first, saw the RP side of things and the following dialogue occurred in my head:

Me (as a resto druid): "I'M A TREE...BLOOMING ALL ABOUT
Enter Rambler's pet who sniffs said tree and lifts leg
ME: "UMMM...DUDE...WTF...?"
Pet still pees
Rambler: "He hasn't drank anything for days after a trip to UBRS, he was dehydrated and such..think he's caught up his water intake.."
Pet still pees with renewed vigor...
ME: "I DON'T GIVE A _____ IF YOU WERE TRAPPED IN AN OVERCOAT IN FIRELANDS, CAN YOU CLICK THE GO PEE HERE BUTTON SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!"
Pet now peeing in spurts just to mark any untouched areas.
Rambler: <shrugs and giggles>
ME: Shift into Bear and kills pet doing a stupid bear dance on top of said pet carcass.

See this right here is why I won't be doing RP..but it has spurned my interest in participating in the War Council, if anything and strangely enough, to see Rambler die over and over in BGs. 

Thanks for having me. 
"There is no spoon"

Offline Rainbreeze

• First Officers
  • Fountainhead
  • Rainy-bo
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »
That was some of the most interesting RP I've EVER in my WHOLE entire life seen.

I thought I'd just stand there and look pretty. Then I remembered, I'm not a Blood Elf!
A Stronger Guild Makes a Stronger You!

Offline rambler

• Initiate
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 05:53:45 PM »
ROFL!
Bro-hugs to you too Raybane.

Offline elyena

• Mysterious Stranger
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2015, 09:00:51 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :) Alayla, I have been checking them out and I definitely think G&N is the spot for me. I play purely for fun and relaxation and would like to help/welcome/etc others.

I am so thankful for our guild, for  never confusing my game ability and skill/understanding level with my worth as a person.

:good: :good: :good: Sounds perfect to me!

Cyp, sounds great! Let's get started, haha!

And, hi Patrick!

Offline Xerobane

• Mysterious Stranger
The Introduction of Xerobane
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 11:21:35 PM »
Hello, everyone.  I know I've both played with and met several of you, but the truth is, I don't think I could ever meet and play with EVERYONE.  So I want to introduce myself and tell you all a few things about me.

First of all, I've been on a 5-year hiatus and came back about 4 weeks ago...2-3 of which I've been a member of CotP.  Before I took my break, I was a Rogue class officer and a member of the main council who decided who could join, who would go on each raid, etc... in an extremely organized and hardcore raiding guild on my previous server.  I'm best on my Rogue and Shadow Priest and am slowly learning how to roll a Demon Hunter.  My characters are "Xerobane," an Outlaw Rogue, "Seychelle," a Shadow Priest and "Centurio," a Havoc Demon Hunter.  I am not 100% knowledgeable with everything that's happened in the last 5 years, but I am willing to learn the dungeons so I can gear-up for raids.  I am ALWAYS down to help guildmates who need it (unless I'm in a dungeon at the time.)  I'm very outgoing, always down for conversation, I try to be funny on Mumble...especially when Fizzy and I get on at the same time.  I play WoW 50% for the game and 50% for the social aspect.

Feel  free to contact me in-game if you need/want help.

A bit about me.  My name is Wilson and I live in the Tulsa, OK area as do Fizzy and Rainbreeze.  And if it seems that the three of us seem "cliquish" I promise that isn't the case.  We just happen to group up often for WQs. But anyone is welcome to join us at anytime.  i like fixing and rebuilding cars as well as computers and other electronic devices.  In fact I like to collect cutting-edge devices and having the latest phone and accessories.  I like driving little racecars (mostly Mazda MX-5s from the early 2000s) around some of the local tracks.  I don't own a track updated MX-5, but I know some of the guys that do and they let me take them out on the track for 20-30 minutes at a time.  I like to just grab the keys and go driving late at night with the music turned up.  I'm  a big sci-fi geek; Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate SG-1, etc...  I'm also (mostly) into hardcore metal and Metaltronic.   I'm also a a HUGE Oklahoma Sooners football fan.  So i usually set aside time on Saturdays to watch them play every week.

Anyway, that's pretty much me.  As far as the guild is concerned, I will do everything I can to help advance the guild or individual membersI'm just a pst away.

Thanks

Offline Kiroshi

• [WOW] Member
  • Counselor
    • @happyfunpaul on Twitter
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2016, 06:52:27 PM »
I like driving little racecars (mostly Mazda MX-5s from the early 2000s) around some of the local tracks.

Hello and welcome aboard! Selling my little black NC Miata to buy a responsible, family-oriented car was one of the more painful decisions I've had to make. Conversely, taking that car to an autocross clinic was the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel. Reading your post about racing them gives me an itch that would be very expensive to scratch, so... thanks for that. :)

Looking forward to seeing you in game. Cheers!

Offline Rainbreeze

• First Officers
  • Fountainhead
  • Rainy-bo
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 08:57:51 PM »
My name is Wilson and I live in the Tulsa, OK area as do Fizzy and Rainbreeze.  And if it seems that the three of us seem "cliquish" I promise that isn't the case.  We just happen to group up often for WQs. But anyone is welcome to join us at anytime.

Yeah, man, the three of us have our secret pinky hook up hand shake. So no one can compete with that. But we'll be nice to everyone anyway.

I thought I'd just stand there and look pretty. Then I remembered, I'm not a Blood Elf!

Offline Xerobane

• Mysterious Stranger
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 03:53:08 PM »
I like driving little racecars (mostly Mazda MX-5s from the early 2000s) around some of the local tracks.

Selling my little black NC Miata...
What year was she?  The guys I know who let me drive have been expensively (and slowly) upgraded with rollbars, adjustable suspensions and brakes, racing slicks, and most of them have had a larger turbo added and the intercooler changed to an FMIC.  Those cars aren't "fast" as far as flat-out speed is concerned, but they can outpace the muscle cars around the tracks because they're so freakin' nimble.

Offline Kiroshi

• [WOW] Member
  • Counselor
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 04:36:27 PM »
What year was she? 

2011, in black. I didn't modify it at all; was never that particular kind of gear-head. But from the driver's seat, that car was joy-for-sale, whether it was putting the top down on a sunny day, or sliding sideways through cones in a parking lot. The fun begins where traction control ends, so to speak.

Offline Xerobane

• Mysterious Stranger
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2016, 07:05:18 AM »
2011, in black. I didn't modify it at all; was never that particular kind of gear-head. But from the driver's seat, that car was joy-for-sale, whether it was putting the top down on a sunny day, or sliding sideways through cones in a parking lot. The fun begins where traction control ends, so to speak.
Have you tried the bew Subaru BRZ or Scion FR-S/Toyota GT-86?  (all the same car with little details changed)  They are THE next MX-5... only without bring convertible thus a lOT more stable.  They are the epitome of RWD, racing, drifting and all-around fun to drive cars in current production on the planet.  I really want that Sunaru BRZ.

Offline Dhryst

• Dhryst
  • [WOW] Member
  • Mysterious Stranger
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 07:20:02 PM »
[bWho are you?[/b]

I'm Vinicius, from Brazil 
I studied Social Science in college and after an accident I'm staying in home for a while. Also kind of married with no childs yet.

What's your gaming background?

Some mmo, always casual for lack of time and language issues. Or due to my personality

What kind of person are you; what's your personality like?

I'm very calm. I like to observe and help in any way I can when someone needs me. Usually I like to be alone and quiet but depends of the enviroment too.
(I'm not that serious, I promise)

What makes you tick?

Potatoes

How do you like to play?

Casual and curious

What are your playstyle preferences?

I guess RP, I like ranged ones but depends of what I'm current into to
Like movies or books

What are your hopes? What do you aspire to? What do you hope to get out of the guild, and what would you like to give of yourself?

It's the first day so far but I really liked the guild, the persons and everything of the goals. I hope to stay here for a long time

Offline Draistlin

• Guild Leader
  • Counselor
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2017, 04:07:48 PM »
Welcome to the Guild Dhryst!!!

I am also married with no children, my wife is also in the guild (her main is Rykria).

My default tendencies have always been casual and calm play as well, I do raiding with the guild now and other great activities, but it took me a long time to ever try raiding.  I started playing the game in 2003 (The year the game came out), and never even tried a raid until the second expansion.  I mostly played Horde until last year (which is the year I joined this guild), and I now play almost only Alliance because I love this guild so much!

What kinds of books and movies do you like?

/Salute
Draistlin

Offline Dhryst

• Dhryst
  • [WOW] Member
  • Mysterious Stranger
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 04:53:46 PM »
I love philosophy and sociology ones. Myths and fantasy too. I'm very curious so I read a lot.
Same thing with movies and tv shows heh

I love this on wow. Often see couples and family playing together or making new family with guilds.

I'm current reading Six of Crows. After finished the Last Kingdom

Offline Okami_117

• Mysterious Stranger
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2019, 06:40:10 PM »
Hello, I'm Aamaterasu and i'm currently 22 (going 23 on March 19th) and i've been apart of the guild for more that two weeks.

Offline Rainbreeze

• First Officers
  • Fountainhead
  • Rainy-bo
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »
Well hi hi, Aamaterasu!! I hope you won't be offended if we call you Tiramasu in emergency situations if we forget how to pronounce your name. Hehehe

We are so glad you are here. I hope you'll love it here and be a part of the family for a very long time.

Offline Tizzy

• [WOW] Member
  • Mysterious Stranger
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2019, 11:11:04 AM »
I joined a few days ago on my little gnome hunter, Tizzy, and have since brought in my 120 VE rogue, Asari.  It is so nice to log in and see so many people online and quite often in friendly chat. 

I want to apologize in advance for my silence so often.  I get so wrapped up in playing the game that I rarely look at chat, but there are times that I just log in with nothing to do but watch chat and the other activities.

I look forward to getting to know you all.  Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of this guild.

Offline Kiroshi

• [WOW] Member
  • Counselor
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2019, 12:48:23 PM »
I look forward to getting to know you all.  Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of this guild.

Welcome aboard, Tizzy! Glad to have you, and look forward to adventuring with you as well. Cheers!

Offline Ayambe

• [WOW] Growth and Nourishment Officer
  • Adept
  • Ayambe's Alt Army!
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2019, 08:01:39 PM »
Hello and Welcome, Tizzy! Good to meet you, and hope to talk to you in Guild Chat soon - I am one of the Guild's alt-itis sufferers as well as being an Officer, so hit me up with any questions or concerns you might have :)

Cheers from Ayambe's Alt Army!

Offline Alyosha

• [WOW] Member
  • Mysterious Stranger
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2019, 05:56:57 PM »
Hi!  I'm Alyosha/Aleksandr.  I joined on Aleksandr after seeing an advertisement, creating him specifically to join since Alyosha was on another realm at the time.  I ended up deciding to do a character transfer.  So the original Aleksandr became Alyosha because some drunken runt had taken his name.

I'm in my 30's and a Russian Orthodox seminarian as my dayjob, on the last year of my M.Div. degree.

I've played WoW since 2006 (though I skipped WoD and Legion), a druid through most of it, but having created Alyosha as a paladin main in BfA.

Offline Dominica

• [WOW] Member
  • Mysterious Stranger
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2019, 06:56:28 PM »
Heya, I've been around for a while on various alts but I've finally registered here. I'm usually on Dominica or Clementia. I joined a while back when Aquirel brought me over to the Alliance. I've been playing WoW on and off since... 2005? Lots of other games too, but generally WoW and various iterations of Monster Hunter have my highest playtimes. In real, I play Warhammer 40k.
I'm usually pretty happy playing to collect things, so I love doing transmog runs or old achievements. I'm usually pretty quiet but I'm friendly when prodded! I'd love to do some raids and other group content, like expeditions and dungeons, but I'm generally too shy to queue with randos, so I hope to kind of break out of my shell a little and have some new experiences with friendly people. :)

Offline Ayambe

• [WOW] Growth and Nourishment Officer
  • Adept
  • Ayambe's Alt Army!
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2019, 03:31:20 PM »
Welcome Alyosha and Dominica! Glad you've decided to stay with us - we can definitely provide the friendly people to game with, whatever your style of play.

Cheers from Ayambe's Alt Army!

Offline Cyaana

• Mysterious Stranger
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2019, 09:49:30 AM »
Hello everybody, I'm new to the server and more or less new to WOW in general.  I've been playing on one of the new player realms and while it is busy enough, the social atmosphere leaves something to be desired (no one seems to want to make an effort to communicate).  Right now I'm leveling a baby Draenei priestess and I'm sure I'll have a few more alts along the way.  In RL I'm 40, transfemale, married to a lovely partner of 19 years, and I'm a math teacher.  Nice to be here!

Offline Kiroshi

• [WOW] Member
  • Counselor
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2019, 05:05:18 PM »
Welcome aboard, Cyaana! Great to have you!

Offline Yunoyuwanu

• [WOW] Member
  • Mysterious Stranger
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2019, 07:13:18 PM »
Hi.  I am Yunoyuwanu\Dunoc and I have now been in the guild since 27 September.  I have been playing WoW since approximately 2 weeks into Vanilla, seeing BOTH sides since day 1.  I like to quest, run dungeons, raid, and just hang out.  Currently my main is Dunoc (Dwarf Prot Pally), though I spend a bit of time on Yuno (Resto\Guardian Drood) as well.

Discord Status

Random Photos

The Shire
 Xaxius Shadowspire
Oct 24, 2009
in LOTRO

Party1
 Dramber
Oct 11, 2009
in Jheran

WoWScrnShot 033006 211442
 Dramber
Oct 11, 2009
in Moonlits Collection

screenshot 2004 10 11 15 32 11
A costume contest from October 11, 2004, about a month before OOT formed on Feathermoon. As you can see, Superman knockoffs were quite common. Can you guess which one is me?
 Zanriel
Jun 07, 2010
in City of Heroes

52267 1698571146412 1301900151 1870292 7735594 o
 Dramber
May 30, 2011
in Army Days

Twilight '09
twilight09.jpg
 Zanriel
Nov 11, 2009
in Zanriel's Stuff