Lovespell

September 29, 2019, 09:02:22 PM
Yay! I made it!

Kahni

August 10, 2019, 05:00:35 PM
Hi!

Rainbreeze

January 18, 2018, 01:40:01 PM
Aw, no worries for our sake, Visteren! We'll keep your seat warm for ya. I hope you find a job you really love.

Visteren

January 17, 2018, 04:34:43 AM
Sorry for my absence on Wow. My account is currently down till i can get a new job to put more time back on it. I hope to see you all soon.

Rainbreeze

December 28, 2017, 10:50:50 AM
I don't know yet if my mom's computer is going to be able to handle WoW, but we're living here while moving for a new job. It did fine last time! We shall see :D

Rainbreeze

May 15, 2017, 04:05:49 PM
I have to postpone tonight's guild meeting. I didn't realize that my Monday nights were going to have a different RL activity that's very important for a recovery process I'm going through atm. I'll resched asap. <3

Rainbreeze

April 27, 2017, 02:34:34 PM
I'm going to see Ereden, his wife, and their new baby tonight. I'll try to be Back In Time for raid.

Rainbreeze

April 19, 2017, 07:26:00 AM
ha Kriggs ok! Just PM me or Banques with which one is missing if the site isn't letting you add it. <3

Kriggs

April 09, 2017, 05:40:26 AM
Banques sort-of-fixed it xD. I'm only missing one forum I used to have.

Rainbreeze

April 08, 2017, 09:57:30 AM
I'm updating WoW on my mom's computer to see if the interwebs will be nicer in the back room :)

Rainbreeze

April 08, 2017, 09:57:02 AM
You lost your priv?? Ok. I didn't see this msg come in. I'll make a mental note to try to check things out.

Kriggs

April 02, 2017, 11:21:56 AM
Lost my website privileges, I blame gnomes.

Kriggs

April 02, 2017, 10:04:20 AM
bleg

Rainbreeze

March 02, 2017, 06:57:53 AM
My interwebs are so weird, I'm getting 1 fps in game today! That ain't a gonna' work. If I get the energy to find the phone co #, I will call them and find out what's happening.

Rainbreeze

December 15, 2016, 12:26:51 PM
Interwebs are back up! Oh I know, you missed us, you missed us. hehe

Rainbreeze

December 09, 2016, 03:39:12 PM
Mumble is back up! See the Community forum for download and set up instructions if you're interested in joining CotP on Mumble. :)

Rainbreeze

October 28, 2016, 12:37:12 PM
Amelex and I are taking our boys to a Halloween party thing at 3:30, and I can't find info on when it ends. So put us as tentative for tonight. <3

Xerobane

October 16, 2016, 11:27:08 PM
I can't seem to get the member map to show up so I can pin my location.

Banques

September 29, 2016, 12:50:05 PM
We're expecting a live performance at the next Guild Meeting :D

Rainbreeze

September 22, 2016, 10:48:45 PM
This was requested?? I'm sure you paused in solemn deliberation before committing to the charge.

Fizpop

September 20, 2016, 08:38:46 PM
*As requested.. ahem*
Laurala LIKES BEAR BUTTS and she cannot lie
You other classes can't deny!
When a druid walks in with an itty itty mace and a bear butt in your face you get sprung!

Tyrthesquirrel

September 18, 2016, 05:53:37 PM
I didn't do it!

Rainbreeze

September 18, 2016, 05:32:06 PM
The 9/18/16 Guild Meeting will be rescheduled for a continuation due to the WoWpocalypse!

Sullinius

July 11, 2016, 03:44:20 PM
so I am back in WoW, thinking about coming back into the fold :D

Raybane

June 23, 2016, 02:28:16 PM
<YAWN>  Big Late Lunches  are the cancer of corporate efficiency...

Banques

June 20, 2016, 03:21:40 PM
:O

Sullinius

June 20, 2016, 02:41:01 PM
Look, old people

Kriggs

June 03, 2016, 02:25:16 PM
o/

Rainbreeze

May 10, 2016, 07:54:36 PM
Oh my gosh, stranger! ;)

CormacBloodaxe

May 10, 2016, 06:14:44 AM
Finally! back on the site lol

Show 50 latest

Latest Forum Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Wishmaker to Idealist Promotion Applications Community 14351/155 Kiroshi Last post December 03, 2019, 09:34:53 AM
xx Introduce Yourself! Community 9582/50 Kayanna Last post November 05, 2019, 07:47:35 AM
clip CotP Raiding Mentorship Program [WOW] Advanced Encounters 2401/14 Draistlin Last post August 08, 2019, 08:14:26 PM
xx Vanguard: Tank/Heal Rotation Ideas [WOW] Advanced Encounters 2658/37 dynastyhan Last post July 12, 2019, 04:01:22 PM
wink Lady Ashvane short guide [WOW] Advanced Encounters 447/0 dynastyhan Last post July 12, 2019, 03:43:17 PM
question Mechagon Dungeon [WOW] Advanced Encounters 473/0 dynastyhan Last post July 09, 2019, 04:19:33 PM
xx Teh pruge News 593/0 Rykria Last post June 23, 2019, 04:40:31 PM
xx CotP Has Downed the Heroic Pasta! News 1197/0 Rainbreeze Last post June 20, 2019, 08:22:05 PM

Author Topic: Vanguard: Tank/Heal Rotation Ideas  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Azur

• [WOW] Member
  • Counselor
Re: Vanguard: Tank/Heal Rotation Ideas
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 08:24:18 PM »
I'd love to hear from some more tanks on what they think about swapping out weekend or night or until boss is down. I think there are pros and cons to having a tank team work on a boss before switching teams. Pros is that they continue with their learning. Cons being that other tanks have to way, potentially a long time, and they may start from similar place as the first when it is their turn. It also might be hard to ensure that the same tank team are there each night. But maybe not...? It's been my impression that the tanks tend to learn their role pretty quickly and it's the "dance" that is hard for everyone to learn (staying out of stuff and getting the pace down).

I personally don't think healers need to do the same, but I'm open if others do. I don't have strong feelings about it all, just want to try and find the best solution we can. I may just mean trying it one way and see how it's going. :-)

Azur

AKA Sayida, Azur, Meriam

Offline Amelex

• [WOW] Advanced Encounters Officer
  • Adept
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 04:39:16 PM »
I think we are heading in the right direction, a couple of things that I might add.  A lot of this really depends on how many "main spec" tanks we have, in the old days before we could have different specs on one toon this was easy.  Being a tank took a lot of dedication because you had to work very hard to develop proper gear (some times 2 or 3 different set) for your tanking and then also had so be willing to lvl another toon or be willing to pay the gold ect to swap specs when it was your off weeks for tanking.  A person really had to want to tank to go through that much trouble, things are much different now with so many people having a "tank spec".  All that to say that I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting a lot from those who really are serious about wanting to tank or heal so if we want to come up with some type of criteria I think that is ok. 

As far as the actual rotation, the way we have done it in the past is each person holds the spot for one month or until we get first kill on a boss (if it takes longer than 4 weeks).  Changing out every week seems like it could be a lot to keep up with and also could slow down progression to some degree.  4 weeks gives the tanks and healers time to learn each other well and build a sense of rhythm, it also seems that it would be much easier to keep track.  If a "main" has to miss one day or weekend in their rotation then a back up steps in and the person simply finishes out the remainder of their rotation when they come back next week but they do not get an extra week because they missed one.  It is up to them to be there and ready on the weeks they are slotted, if they are going to be out for several weeks for some reason they can talk to another tank about swapping spots but as far as raid lead or officers are concerned we would simply stick with the posted rotation which would change our every 4 weeks. 

Hopefully that all made a little bit of sense :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:44:19 PM by Amelex »

Online Leavraell

• Administrator
  • Initiate
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 05:32:09 PM »

I love the idea of having a better understanding of who will be doing what ahead of time, i.e. a rotation of some kind.  I agree that it is different now then at one time with the ability to swap roles, since the gear is not entirely specialized and it is quicker to swap now. This makes it so much easier to be ready to step into a role, which is great!  Even still, it is tough to do your best at a role if you aren't prepared mentally to do that thing.  There will always be unexpected events, and people fill in or swap about, but having certainty of a plan when possible is reassuring and gives us room to use our mentally flexibility for all the other ways we need it for raiding.

Some other thoughts.  However frequently the rotation switches, whether it is certain bosses, days of the week, or whole weeks at a time, there is still ramping up/learning whenever someone swaps into a boss fight.   One thing I think would help that is to use the tankchat channel.   If all core and support tanks participate in the channel (whatever role they happen to be doing that night, dps, heals whatever), then they can all absorb and learn what is working with each fight right along with the active tanks.   It's critical to get a sense of the particulars of our guilds' strategies and how the tanks role plays into it for each boss, beyond what can be prepped ahead with videos and other resources.  This can be helped by participating and listening in on the tankchat channel while doing other roles.

Offline Amelex

• [WOW] Advanced Encounters Officer
  • Adept
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 05:41:00 PM »
Very good point Leavraell, being in the tank channel is a huge help as well as the heal channel if you are going to ever being playing that roll.

Offline Althor

• [WOW] Guild Officer
  • Reknowned Pundit
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 08:55:10 PM »
As we percolate on a plan for tank rotations, I'll implement a short-term rotation for the next few weeks. This rotation can be changed, but it is a starting place. (I have not seen Reloadui, Broc, Leucetios, or other tank-types recently. We can work them into the rotation.)

June 7-8
Unomas, Amelex (Syllidaris, Korteanen backup)

June 14-15
Korteanen, Syllidaris (Unomas, Amelex backup)

June 21-22
Unomas, Amelex (Syllidaris, Korteanen backup)

June 28-29
Korteanen, Syllidaris (Unomas, Amelex backup)

- High Priest/Highlord Althor/Mahndarb General/Holiness

Offline Althor

• [WOW] Guild Officer
  • Reknowned Pundit
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 09:03:35 PM »
As for ideal duration of rotation going forward: tank-types, now is the time to weigh in. How long do you want each rota to last? Amelex proposes 4 weeks. Any other preferences?

I want to implement the system that will make most of you the most happy, while also supporting the broader raid. I also want to keep our systems simple, to reduce headaches and complex decisions.

Offline Míke

• Wheter you think you can or you think you can't you're right.
  • Adept
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 05:07:41 AM »
i'd say week to week until we hit a road block boss then the duo stays in until that boss dies

Offline Korteanen

• [WOW] Member
  • Initiate
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2018, 05:16:50 PM »
Depending on how many serious tanks we have should determine our rotation.  From Althor original schedule we have 2 sets of 2 rotating every week, which is doable.  I prefer to swapping every night, our tanks have been very good at keeping on top of the fights so their shouldn't be much down time learning new bosses / fights.  If we expand our tanking ranks rotating every week means that we have someone waiting 2 weeks for their next turn, which could feel like a long time.

Online Leavraell

• Administrator
  • Initiate
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2018, 10:23:08 PM »
I would also prefer swapping more often, like each night.  It would also be good to stagger the teams so that there is some consistency from one night to the next. So instead of AB, CD, EF, AB, CD; it is more like AB, BC, CD, DE, EF, FA.  I think this could be accomplished with the system Azure mentioned of rotation, where individuals rotate through, not sets.

As for locking in a tank set for a particular boss, that will definitely be a consideration as we work on new bosses and learn what strats work best for our guild/raid team.  But typically we are talking about one boss out of however many there may be for the week. In the past, and even recently, we seem to fall to the side of wanting to keep a particular tank on the boss because we are making good progress on learning it, (which makes sense) but because we don't swap much during the raid, that means that all the rest of the bosses that are on farm are also done by that tank when there may be others who haven't done those bosses as much and could be benefiting from learning them better.

Perhaps we can have lock-in of tanks for a particular progression boss, not for the whole night?  I know there is complexity to swapping (raid-frames, alt-characters, flasks, etc.). But, we don't know what this expansion will bring; we may be working on a particular boss for many weeks at a time and that could be tough.

Offline Althor

• [WOW] Guild Officer
  • Reknowned Pundit
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »
Good stuff. True, the number of interested tanks will shape some of this.

I can pretty easily start keeping a spreadsheet of both upcoming tank rotations, as well as prior actual tank in-spec participation. This will help make sure the fun is shared.

I'd really prefer to delegate this tracking and communication to a tank captain. We can hash out specifics, but responsibilities including: maintaining the rotation spreadsheet, updating the game calendar, helping me adjudicate any problems that develop. Any volunteers?

As these policies develop, I am posting each night's tanks on the game calendar. (Note that Syllidaris is away next week, so it'll be Korteanen and Amelex. No paladin bias there, oh no.)

Offline Reloadui

• [WOW] Advanced Encounters Member
  • Initiate
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2018, 08:06:47 AM »
I have not seen Reloadui

Don't count on me for another month, at best, and a few more months at worst.

Offline Althor

• [WOW] Guild Officer
  • Reknowned Pundit
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2018, 12:42:05 PM »
Ok Reload. Take care. Hope to see you around eventually.

Offline dynastyhan

• [WOW] Member
  • Honored Guest
  • Maydusa
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2019, 04:01:22 PM »
Just a fyi my holy priestess doesn’t have any tanking spec so I will not be able to swap to tank spec. Thanks for understanding! ;)

Discord Status

Random Photos

I can t even explain this
 Dramber
Oct 10, 2009
in Liessaas

arch2
 Dramber
Oct 10, 2009
in Adventures of Wolfrunner

wowxp11
 Dramber